Monday, November 24, 2014

Preview - Sleeping Habits of Students on Campus

Many students living in the East Lansing area suffer from sleep deprivation, and it's causing short term memory problems leading to poor academic performance.

According to an article about sleeping habits from the Sleep Disorders Health Center, there are many short term consequences that result from chronic sleep deprivation.

One of those consequences happens to be short term memory loss, which heavily contributes to poor brain functioning. Students on campus that experience sleep deprivation also see a decrease in academic performance.

Lansing Community College sophomore Lynnen Bostic said, “I can’t tell you the number of times I've stayed up all night cramming for an exam I’m not prepared for. I would literally get three hours of sleep right before taking an exam to only realize I’m too tired to even comprehend language come exam time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment